Cats Mobile

Hi there, I really enjoy working with CATS.

I spend a lot of time traveling on business. It would be nice to be able to have a more “mobile friendly” CATS app on our phones. For example, it would be great if we could “Log an activity / Change status” via our mobile. Furthermore, it would be great if we could easily download candidates’ coordinates (email and phone) directly into our mobile contacts.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Claude

Hi Claude,

Thank you for the suggestion! This is something we’re hearing more and more, and we do want to address mobile functionality in the future. I’m seeing this post has 3 votes already as well, so I’ll leave this open for discussion and more suggestions from our users.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Jeff,

Can I too have a brand spanking shiny new native mobile app please!!!

Claude: As you can imagine, mobile has become a necessity for increasing number of Saas apps now. We are extremely and seriously cognizant of this fact. Having said that, please allow me to shed some light on the problem. A large application like CATS is so feature rich with literally hundreds of screens/fields/options, it is an incredibly difficult task to create a native mobile app that actually is useful to a professional recruiter. As you can attest, recruiting is a labor intense, detailed oriented profession and building a simple, user friendly and easy to use mobile app would just cripple a recruiter at best.

We have been studying mobile apps for many Saas apps from our competitors and from other sectors of business such as CRM, Marketing etc. What we have found is that most if not all mobile apps are more of a “Marketing” checkbox (YES buy our product because we have a mobile app) and have very limited functionality to the point of being useless.

So at CATS, the discussion would always end up in, what’s the point of building a basic mobile app if it won’t have the full functionality of the desktop. Our currently responsive web app has basic “Lookup” functionality. It gets the job done and could certainly be improved, no doubt.

So what does this all mean. We at CATS have to regroup and think about the extent to which we need to add the functionality of the web app in to mobile. I would welcome users to give us feedback and tell us what features they’d like to see. I’m of the opinion that a semi-decent native mobile app would never have ALL the features of the desktop but the extent to which we can enable “recruiting on the go”, we should.

1 Like

Yes, please! The main features that I find myself missing on the current mobile site are:

1. changing a candidate’s status
  2. seeing the entire pipeline for a job order

I know I might be in the minority, but I would be happy with just having the option to use the full desktop site on my phone, even though it would be tiny.

1 Like

Melissa,

Thanks for the info! You can also use the full desktop version on your phone. Most mobile browsers will have a menu option to “Request desktop site” which would be the full version of CATS. Note that the desktop version isn’t exactly built to run on a mobile device, so we can’t guarantee that any of the more robust features work, but it is a workaround if you’d like to use CATS functionality more fully on mobile.

2 Likes

How to request the desktop version of a website in iPhone Safari

1. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for.
  2. Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar on the top right corner of the screen.
  3. From the pop-up menu, tap on Request Desktop Site.

How to request the desktop version of a website in iPhone Chrome

1. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for.
  2. Tap on the 3 dot icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
  3. From the pop-up menu, tap on Request Desktop Site.

It should generally be a similar process for Android and other mobile devices.

1 Like

Thanks @asim and @chrisk - I will be using that option for so many mobile sites…

This is nice however it is extremely small and you have to expand your screen and place it landscape so that you can see most grids across the screen.

It is useful for everything you need as is, in my opinion.

The desktop version on a smartphone would be interesting, I have not tried it yet.

I agree that the CATS Mobile app is extremely limited in functionality, and pretty much useless (other than occasionally looking up someone’s phone number.) The work-around for fully utilizing CATS on an iPhone is to request the desktop version in the browser. Here is how to do that in IOS 13:

1. Navigate to the CATS website in Safari. (You may have to sign in with your username and password.)
  2. Tap the “aA” icon in the top-left corner of the screen to reveal the Website View menu.
  3. Select “Request Desktop Website” from the dropdown menu.

The resulting CATS website you’ll now see is tiny – but everything actually works just like it does on the full desktop version, including all the hyperlinks plus the ability to enter activity notes, change a candidate’s status, etc. Hint: the “pinch to zoom” method really helps to see things on this tiny view!