Cats API Bug

Hi Team,

I am an Engineer at Avrio, we have integrated with Cats ATS a while ago.

I have found a API bug, Please find the details below

The Candidate Record has only one attachment as shown below url

https://niah.catsone.com/index.php?m=candidates&a=show&candidateID=151780338

But in the webhook payload we see 3 attachments for this candidate. Please find the webhook payload in the attachment.

"attachments": [
          {
            "id": 155401710,
            "filename": "Phil Dubost.docx",
            "is_resume": true,
            "data_item": {
              "id": 151780338,
              "type": "candidate"
            },
            "_links": {
              "self": {
                "href": "/attachments/155401710"
              },
              "download": {
                "href": "/attachments/155401710/download"
              },
                "href": "/candidates/151780338"
              }
            }
          },
          {
            "id": 155833671,
            "filename": "Phil Dubost.docx",
            },
                "href": "/attachments/155833671"
              },
                "href": "/attachments/155833671/download"
              },
              }
            }
          },
          {
            "id": 289826129,
            "filename": "Philippe Dubost.pdf",
            },
                "href": "/attachments/289826129"
              },
                "href": "/attachments/289826129/download"
              },
              }
            }
          }

Could you please look into this issue?, Resume is an important information that we look for when we import a candidate into our system.

We want to avoid sending 3 requests to fetch the right attachment and avoid running into API limits.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Hi there,

I’m having a hard time replicating this issue on my end. Is this something you’re continuing to see, or something that just happened once?

Hi,

I have seen this for multiple candidates.

Please let me know if you need any other information

Hi Anthony,

Any update on this bug?

Hi there,

I am still unable to reproduce the issue in any of my testing sites, so diagnosing the problem has been slow going, unfortunately. Since this seems seems to be localized to a couple sites, I’ve set up my own webhooks on the site above, and am waiting to see a webhooks come through with discrepancies. Once I can get that to happen on my end, I’ll have a better idea about what’s going on.

okay thanks for the update,

Would it be possible to add a creationDate field on the attachment object?

This would be really helpful for us

After a couple days of watching webhooks, and over a hundred candidate updates, I haven’t see that behavior. The only explanation I have at this point is that between you receiving the webhook and you making the call to fetch those attachments they got deleted. I’ll continue to keep an eye on these webhooks though.

As far as date_created on attachments, that’s definitely something we can look into adding. I’ll let you know if we end up going forward with that suggestion or not once we’ve decided.

thanks for the update, Next time this happens i shall send you the webhook payload.

Our customer NIAH, has raised an issue that we were not using the latest resume for the below candidate https://niah.catsone.com/index.php?m=candidates&a=show&candidateID=200651276

Could you let me know how can we get the latest resume for a candidate, if there are multiple resumes present?

Resume is an important information we look for from the ATS, It would be really helpful for us if we can find a way to get the latest resume for a candidate.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Hi,

Any update on the above issue?

We can schedule a call if you want and can show the data that is coming through the webhooks.

Hi there,

A screenshare isn’t going to help. I will just need to know when you receive one of these faulty webhooks and what the webhook data and headers are. I will need to use that information to then look into our logs and see if I can find a reason for that behavior. What I’ve seen so far is that this behavior only happens if a webhook is sent out around the time an attachment is removed, in which case by the time you process the webhook the attachment is no longer there. With a specific timestamp and webhook data of a recent case, I can look at try to confirm this or some other issue.

Also the newest resume should, in almost every case, be the resume with the largest id.

okay thanks this is helpful, It could be possible i shall post the entire payload when i see it happen again